It might be right to say that almost half of the squabble in the house is about household chores like who’s turn is to load the dishwasher or who’s turn is it to vacuum the house. All equipment that are originally made to simplify your life are the major source of drama.
The questions about what to load are quite a thing. Thus, here are a few tips to help you out with these daily quarrels.
Best way to load spoons and forks
- Lay down the slim top rack flat and then place the forks or spoons evenly.
- Make sure that the handle side of the spoons and forks are down.
- Don’t overcrowd the rack as it might clean them thoroughly.
Load your knives in the best way
- It is important to think about your safety, so leave the sharp side of the blade pointing downwards.
- Butter knives can be loaded with the handle pointing down.
- Top chefs suggest cleaning sharp and cooking knives with hands.
Learn the right way to load glasses
- Always load the glasses on the top rack of the dishwasher. If by chance, your dishwasher has stem clips or goblet, then you must make sure to use them for fragile glasses like wine or cocktail glasses. The stem clips have a firm grip and also make it easy to maintain even spacing.
Easy way to load plates
- Line the plates each apart in an even way on the bottom rack of the dishwasher.
- It is not a fruitful idea to put two plates in a slot as it won’t be cleaned properly, and the fragile ones might break.
Best way to stack bowls
- The bowls are supposed to go on to the top rack down the center of the dishwasher.
- They must be layered flat, it is the best way to stack them, but if there is not enough space then you can tilt them slightly.
- Make sure not to pile up the bowls in an irregular manner.
Stack up the plastic bowls in ways like this
- Make sure not to load the plastic containers on the bottom rack as it is too hot for them, they might melt.
- You must scrub the plastic containers before loading them on the top shelf of the dishwasher, just like the bowls.
Load the big dishes in the best way
- Make sure that the dishwasher has enough room to load the big dishes.
- If there is space in the washer, then they are likely to be in the bottom section.
- You can layer them flat or line them on the side of the dishwasher.
- Also, make sure that there are no leftovers in the dishes.
Even after learning the following tips, you must always consult the manual of your dishwasher. There are special dos and don’ts of each kind of dishwashing machine.